AWS Discovery Day – Strategies and Tools to Perform Large-Scale Migrations
Learn about the AWS strategy and best practices for performing large-scale cloud migrations. Built from the experiences of helping hundreds of enterprise organizations move to the cloud, these proven techniques and tools will help accelerate your successful journey to the AWS Cloud.
During this event, you will learn:
- Describe the primary drivers for moving to the AWS Cloud
- Describe the migration process
- Explain the Migration Readiness Assessment
- Describe the Migration Readiness and Planning process
- Describe the common application migration strategies
- List AWS tools and services that can accelerate the migration process
Aug 30, 2022 (Tue)
10:00am - 11:30AM
Cantonese with English Terminologies
Section 1: Migration overview
- Common migration drivers
- Potential barriers to cloud adoption
- Elements of a successful journey
- The migration process
- Stages of adoption
Section 2: Migration Readiness and Assessment (MRA)
- AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
- What is the MRA?
- Why do an MRA?
- When to do an MRA?
- How to do an MRA?
Section 3: Migration Readiness & Planning (MRP)
- When to do an MRP?
- Discovery & planning
- Picking a portfolio discovery tool
- Landing zone
- Center of excellence
- Migration business case
- Migration plan
- Migration expertise
- Operating model
- Security and compliance
- Shared responsibility model
Section 4: Lessons learned and suggested resources
- Business justification
- Migration strategies
- Typical project profile
- Suggested resources
- First AWS Authorized Instructor (AAI) & AAI Champion in HK
- 20+ years IT training experience
- Trained 10,000+ AWS students
- Expertise in AWS, Microsoft, Citrix & VMware
- Regular & dedicated speaker of tech seminars & workshops